Ramalynn students enjoy year-round learning opportunities.
The first day of the 2017-2018 School Year is August 23rd!
Our school year is slightly longer than most Minnesota schools, running from mid-August to mid-June each year. We believe a longer school year—similar to the school year in many other countries—better prepares children to be successful in a globally connected world. View the Bloomington Calendar for the 2017-2018 school year.
Our normal school day is between 9:00-2:30 (for preschool and kindergarten) and 9:00-3:30 (elementary and middle school). Extended day programs are available from 7:00-9:00 and 2:30-5:30 for all students. Our athletic program runs daily from 3:30-5:30 for elementary and middle school students.
Summer camps and sports camp
During the summer months, our preschool and kindergarten classes are available as normal. For older students, we offer week-long morning camps that help students take a deep dive into specific areas of interest and an afternoon sports program.
Morning camps might include:
- Math camp
- Science/rocket camp
- Visual arts (pottery, painting, drawing, cartooning)
- Dance (ballet, jazz, Bollywood, and hip hop)
- Silent movie making
- Computer skills
- Creative writing and poetry
- Echo Hills Farm Gardening
The afternoon sports program usually includes
Nowhere is our culture more obvious than in all-school assemblies and family events. Each year the Ramalynn community comes together to share events such as:
- Harvest festival at the school farm
- Parents’ night
- Spring school carnival
- Band, orchestra and choir performances
- Science fair
- 100 days celebration
- International festival
- World Marathon Day
- Cultural holiday celebrations (including Diwali, Chinese New Year, Christmas, Hanukkah, Cinco de Mayo, and more)
- Sports recognition ceremonies
- Commencement and academic recognition