Our montessori curriculum is a spiral of interrelated cross-curriculum study.
This graphic shows how:
- Everything is interrelated. One lesson leads to many others.
- The child moves from the concrete toward abstract understanding.
- We always work from the big picture to increasing detail.
- Every three years major themes in the curriculum are studied again
Ramalynn Academy students out-perform their peers on standardized tests, stand out at academic competitions, and transition easily into secondary schools, including some of the best college preparatory schools in the state.
- The majority of our students’ SAT results were in the 92nd to 95th percentile—the top 8% in the nation.
- Our Math Olympiad team finished in the top 2% in the nation.*
- The majority of our kindergarten students read at a 2nd or 3rd grade level.
- Our Knowledge Bowl team ranked in the top five for all regular season meets. Knowledge Bowl is a multi-disciplinary competition.*
- Ramalynn Academy students scored consistently high marks for creativity at the Minnesota Odyssey of the Mind divergent thinking contest.*
*Note that while many schools send only their gifted and talented students to these competitions, Ramalynn Academy sends all students eligible to participate.
Former students report using life skills they’ve learned at Ramalynn Academy well into adulthood. In addition to academic skills, they say they acquired:
Critical and Strategic Thinking Skills
Collaboration and Communication Skills
A Sense of Personal Responsibility and Worth
Capacity of Self-Control and Internal Motivation
Joy of Learning for Learning’s Sake
Unlike many of today’s conventional schools, Ramalynn Academy does not “teach to the test.” Instead, we focus on helping each student achieve their best, in the classroom and in life.
We believe academic success occurs when students have a healthy self-image, a love of learning, and an interest in the world at large. And, our test scores prove it.
In 2014, AdvancEd now known as Cognia, a quality assurance accreditation service that reviews secondary-to-university level schools, gave Ramalynn Academy its highest possible accreditation.